Adelaide E. Perry
pencil and watercolour
9 x 14 cm
|Adelaide E. Perry (1891 - 1973) studied at the NGV School in Melbourne and at the Royal Academy in London, and later taught drawing at the Julian Ashton School in Sydney. Her work was exhibited at the Grosvenor Gallery, the NSW Society of Artists, and also appeared in Archibald Prize exhibitions. As well as founding her own school in 1933, Perry was a foundation member of the Australian Academy of Art and her work is held by the National Gallery of Australia, and the Art Gallery of New South Wales.|
REF: McCulloch’s Encyclopedia of Australian Art, Miegunyah Press, 2006, p. 773.